High-speed police chase on M25 ends in crash
A MAN was arrested in the early hours of this morning (Friday) following a high-speed police chase which ended in London Colney. The pursuit began at about 3.30am when a marked police car spotted a suspicious vehicle in the Rickmansworth area. The drive
A MAN was arrested in the early hours of this morning (Friday) following a high-speed police chase which ended in London Colney.
The pursuit began at about 3.30am when a marked police car spotted a suspicious vehicle in the Rickmansworth area. The driver of the suspect car, a BMW, sped away and police followed him onto the M25 heading in the direction of St Albans.
The pursuit reached speeds of more than 120mph as the driver repeatedly failed to pull over despite police signalling.
The driver lost control of the BMW at Junction 22 at London Colney and smashed into the barrier near the McDonald's restaurant.
Police said witnesses saw the driver, who is believed to have stolen the BMW, leave the car and attempt to steal others parked in the area.
A man was arrested and taken to the QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City. The slip road reopened this morning.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson