Heyyyy! Harpenden road accident victim meets the Fonz
- Credit: Archant
Life has been something of a whirlwind for Nicki Freeman in the run-up to her appearance on a BBC3 documentary series being screened tonight.
Not only has Nicki, who suffered life-threatening injuries in a road traffic accident in Harpenden in May 2010, appeared on BBC Breakfast in Manchester but she also met Henry Winkler, aka The Fonz, who was also at the studios.
The second episode of The Unbreakables: Life and Love on Disability Campus features Nicki’s story since the accident in which she suffered numerous broken bones and a head injury which left her in a coma.
She spent a long period undergoing neurological rehabilitation at Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled people and for the past three years has been at the National Star College, a college for the disabled in Gloucestershire, which is the focus of the BBC3 programme.
Tonight’s episode shows photos of Nicki in hospital after the accident which happened when she was on the way to a school prom and the remains of the car she was travelling in.
Nicki is shown with a friend talking about her life before the accident and there is also an interview with her parents Pauline and Peter. who live in Marshalswick.
Nicki appeared on BBC Breakfast with National Star College principal Katherine Rudd and fellow student Josh Reeves.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time