Heyyyy! Harpenden road accident victim meets the Fonz
- Credit: Archant
Life has been something of a whirlwind for Nicki Freeman in the run-up to her appearance on a BBC3 documentary series being screened tonight.
Not only has Nicki, who suffered life-threatening injuries in a road traffic accident in Harpenden in May 2010, appeared on BBC Breakfast in Manchester but she also met Henry Winkler, aka The Fonz, who was also at the studios.
The second episode of The Unbreakables: Life and Love on Disability Campus features Nicki’s story since the accident in which she suffered numerous broken bones and a head injury which left her in a coma.
She spent a long period undergoing neurological rehabilitation at Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled people and for the past three years has been at the National Star College, a college for the disabled in Gloucestershire, which is the focus of the BBC3 programme.
Tonight’s episode shows photos of Nicki in hospital after the accident which happened when she was on the way to a school prom and the remains of the car she was travelling in.
You may also want to watch:
Nicki is shown with a friend talking about her life before the accident and there is also an interview with her parents Pauline and Peter. who live in Marshalswick.
Nicki appeared on BBC Breakfast with National Star College principal Katherine Rudd and fellow student Josh Reeves.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public