Radlett’s MP ‘delighted’ after scooping promotion
- Credit: Archant
Radlett’s MP Oliver Dowden said he is “delighted” after being promoted during this week’s Cabinet reshuffle.
The Hertsmere representative has been made Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office and will report to the department’s minister David Lidington MP.
Mr Dowden, who only became Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary last July, will now be being responsible for cross-government policy implementation.
The Tory MP said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as Minister for Implementation at the Cabinet Office.
“It’s an honour to be able to serve Hertsmere and the country by helping to ensure that the government delivers on the things that matter to people.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course I will continue to work as our area’s local MP, representing the people of Hertsmere.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan