Radlett’s MP ‘delighted’ after scooping promotion
- Credit: Archant
Radlett’s MP Oliver Dowden said he is “delighted” after being promoted during this week’s Cabinet reshuffle.
The Hertsmere representative has been made Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office and will report to the department’s minister David Lidington MP.
Mr Dowden, who only became Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary last July, will now be being responsible for cross-government policy implementation.
The Tory MP said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as Minister for Implementation at the Cabinet Office.
“It’s an honour to be able to serve Hertsmere and the country by helping to ensure that the government delivers on the things that matter to people.
“Of course I will continue to work as our area’s local MP, representing the people of Hertsmere.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary