Radlett’s MP ‘delighted’ after scooping promotion
- Credit: Archant
Radlett’s MP Oliver Dowden said he is “delighted” after being promoted during this week’s Cabinet reshuffle.
The Hertsmere representative has been made Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office and will report to the department’s minister David Lidington MP.
Mr Dowden, who only became Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary last July, will now be being responsible for cross-government policy implementation.
The Tory MP said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as Minister for Implementation at the Cabinet Office.
“It’s an honour to be able to serve Hertsmere and the country by helping to ensure that the government delivers on the things that matter to people.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course I will continue to work as our area’s local MP, representing the people of Hertsmere.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans