St Albans surgeries to begin offering appointments at evening and weekends
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans patients could see GPs at evening and weekends under a new scheme.
Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (HVCCG) is rolling out an extended access scheme and will be looking for patients’ views.
HVCCG chair Dr Nicholas Small said: “GPs are delighted to be able to offer these extended appointments with our other clinical colleagues such as pharmacists.
“Our GP practices are now working together to improve the access for all patients in west Hertfordshire.”
Patients will be offered appointments with a GP, nurse or another health professional at a practice.
These will not necessarily be at the patient’s usual practice or with their usual GP.
The health professional will only be able to access a patient’s medical records if the patient gives them permission.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
Many of the surgeries in the St Albans area are involved in this new scheme.