Herts Police launch drink driving campaign for the festive season
- Credit: Debbie White
Police stop checks are now underway in a bid to reduce the number of people driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs over the festive period.
The December Think! Campaign will find Herts Police carrying out stop checks across the county throughout the month.
More than 130 drivers were arrested last year during the same period as the Christmas season typically sees a spike in drink driving. Motorists stand to lose their licence, face a fine and potentionally lost their job or receive a prison sentence.
Chief Insp Jane Aspin, of Beds, Cambs and Herts road policing unit, said: “We want to remind motorists that drink driving simply isn’t worth the risk and the consequences might not only ruin your Christmas but the rest of your life.
“To be safe motorists should avoid drinking alcoholic drinks when they are driving and if they do drink, ensure they wait a suitable amount of time before driving.
You may also want to watch:
“Drinking before driving has life changing consequences and we would like to encourage everyone to report anyone they believe is drinking through our confidential hotline. You may just save a life.”
Drivers can also download an app which helps calculate when they are safe to drive after drinking the night before. Visit http://morning-after.org.uk.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy