Police seize knives and drug paraphernalia in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Officers carried out two drugs warrants in the early hours of this morning on homes in St Albans.
Herts police, who had been tipped off by members of the public as well as police intelligence, targeted addresses in Alban Avenue and Waverley Lodge this morning (Thursday, March 29) at around 6.30am.
Two knives and drug paraphernalia were seized at the Waverley Lodge address, and cannabis and drug paraphernalia were found at the Alban Avenue address.
The officers were from the Operation Scorpion team who deal with burglars, robbers and those involved in drug and vehicle-related crime, and they were supported by the Operational Support Group (OSG) who are specifically trained in searching premises and gaining entry into properties, using force if necessary.
St Albans Chief Insp Stuart Cheek said: “Although we didn’t make any arrests, today’s operation was about disrupting people we believe are involved in drugs, acting on information from members of the public as well as safeguarding individuals.
“Please continue to report any suspicious drug activity to us and we will act on it. However, please bear in mind that it does sometimes take time as we have to find other sources and in this case, apply for a warrant from the magistrates’ court.
“We will continue to carry out these warrants to make it difficult for anyone involved in drugs to operate in St Albans.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
To report a crime, contact police on 101, report crime online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report/Report, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.