Herts Police arrest man acting suspiciously in St Albans car park
- Credit: Archant
A man acting suspiciously in a city centre car park was arrested on suspicion of seven fraud offences after CCTV operators alerted police.
Herts Police officers attended the scene in Bricket Road at around 1.45pm on February 27 after CCTV operators alerted police via the St Albans Business Against Crime radio network.
A 19-year-old man from London was then arrested on suspicion of fraud and taken to Hatfield Police station before being transferred to North Yorkshire for questioning.
Ann Marie Owen, St Albans’ safer neighbourhood team sergeant, said: “We have a really good relationship with CCTV operators and are in direct communication with each other, which means we can respond quickly to any suspicious incidents.
“This relationship with the city council shows our on-going commitment to detecting and preventing crime.”
You may also want to watch:
People can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 11 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared