Herts Police arrest man acting suspiciously in St Albans car park
- Credit: Archant
A man acting suspiciously in a city centre car park was arrested on suspicion of seven fraud offences after CCTV operators alerted police.
Herts Police officers attended the scene in Bricket Road at around 1.45pm on February 27 after CCTV operators alerted police via the St Albans Business Against Crime radio network.
A 19-year-old man from London was then arrested on suspicion of fraud and taken to Hatfield Police station before being transferred to North Yorkshire for questioning.
Ann Marie Owen, St Albans’ safer neighbourhood team sergeant, said: “We have a really good relationship with CCTV operators and are in direct communication with each other, which means we can respond quickly to any suspicious incidents.
“This relationship with the city council shows our on-going commitment to detecting and preventing crime.”
You may also want to watch:
People can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 11 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant