Herts Police appeal for witnesses after cars scratched in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A spate of criminal damage to vehicles and a shop in Harpenden has prompted a police appeal for information.
Herts Police has released a list of cars that have recently allegedly been deliberately scratched in the town:
• In Hadleigh Court, a silver Ford Focus and silver Ford Ka were scratched on the driver side door, roof and bonnet between 10.30pm on Saturday May 10 and 10.30am Sunday May 11;
• A black Ford Fiesta was scratched on the passenger side at 6pm on Welbeck Rise between Friday May 9 and Monday May 12;
• The passenger side door and rear panel of a red Mini Cooper was scratched on Welbeck Rise between 4pm on Friday May 9 and 7am on Monday May 12.
You may also want to watch:
And at 11.30pm on Saturday May 10, a window of builders merchant Jewson was smashed on Grove Road.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PSCO Natasha Townsend via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
See here for advice on crime prevention
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 10 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development