“Nasty” attack at McDonald’s in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Bystanders who filmed an assault on a McDonald’s staff member in London Colney are being asked to contact police.
The attack took place at the fast food restaurant on Bell Lane at 5.40am on Sunday, December 17.
Two men got into a verbal altercation with a member of staff, before one of the men jumped over the counter.
The victim, a man in his 30s, had a cone thrown at him while people filmed the incident on smartphones.
Police are keen to speak to the two men pictured.
PC Ash Oakshott said: “This was a nasty attack on a member of staff who was just trying to do his job.
“We would be keen to speak to the men pictured as they may have witnessed what happened and have crucial information that could form part of our investigation.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
“We believe there were a number of people in the restaurant at the time who were filming the incident on their smartphones.
“If you have any footage of this incident, please make contact with us as soon as possible.”
If you have any further information that could assist the investigation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Herts police on 101 and quote crime reference J1/17/5331, or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/report