Attempted burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
There was an attempted burglary in St Albans the week before Christmas.
Between 7.30pm on Sunday, December 17 and 9am on Wednesday, December 20 burglars attempted to enter a ground floor maisonette on Burnside.
They used a sharp implement to force the handle, which was jammed, and tried to jemmy the door, but could not get in.
Anyone with any information or CCTV has been asked to report it by calling 101, quoting reference number F1/17/6096.
Herts police has reminded people to ensure all windows and doors are secure and locked, and install a ‘dusk to dawn’ exterior light, and leave a radio on,
You may also want to watch:
UPVC doors can only be locked by lifting the handle and turning the key to ensure all security features are locked in place,
Residents have also been asked to keep car and house keys out of sight and do not keep large amounts of cash at home.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital