Attempted burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
There was an attempted burglary in St Albans the week before Christmas.
Between 7.30pm on Sunday, December 17 and 9am on Wednesday, December 20 burglars attempted to enter a ground floor maisonette on Burnside.
They used a sharp implement to force the handle, which was jammed, and tried to jemmy the door, but could not get in.
Anyone with any information or CCTV has been asked to report it by calling 101, quoting reference number F1/17/6096.
Herts police has reminded people to ensure all windows and doors are secure and locked, and install a ‘dusk to dawn’ exterior light, and leave a radio on,
UPVC doors can only be locked by lifting the handle and turning the key to ensure all security features are locked in place,
Residents have also been asked to keep car and house keys out of sight and do not keep large amounts of cash at home.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford