Herts man wins one million Euros in slot machine contest
A HERTS man has won one million Euros in the final of the biggest ever online slot machine tournament. Stefan Stankowski from Berkhamsted qualified for the tournament back in July by placing the minuscule bet of just two Euros. Playing at Ladbrokescasino.
A HERTS man has won one million Euros in the final of the biggest ever online slot machine tournament.
Stefan Stankowski from Berkhamsted qualified for the tournament back in July by placing the minuscule bet of just two Euros.
Playing at Ladbrokescasino.com, Stefan joined thousands of others to compete for the chance to fill one of the seats at the most hotly-anticipated online slot tournaments of all time - the Grand Slam of Slots.
The final tournament, which took place on the cult favourite Tomb Raider slot game had over 8,000 players and took a staggering 10 days for the final jackpot bell to start ringing and for Stefan to have his life changed forever.
You may also want to watch:
Stefan, a photographer for the Harry Potter films, said: "I'm ecstatic to have won and can't quite believe it yet. I'm absolutely stunned. What will I do with the money? Who knows; we'll have to wait and see!"
Head of marketing at Ladbrokescasino.com Charlie Goodenough said: "This tournament was always going to be exciting with one million Euros up for grabs and it is a great honour to be involved in creating the first online slot tournament millionaire."
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
The Grand Slam of Slots tournament had a prize pot of 1.3 million Euros and along with Stefan, 482 other players walked away with winnings.