M1 BMW driver banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking
- Credit: Archant
A BMW driver has been banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking and driving without insurance between Luton and St Albans.
Marius Jiboc did not appear in Stevenage Magistrates’ Court when the case against him was proved in his absence on October 4.
The court heard how he had driven without reasonable consideration for other road users on January 30.
The 24-year-old was travelling at 70mph when the limit was 60mph.
He also undertook several vehicles to get ahead between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Junction 10 for south Luton.
You may also want to watch:
Jiboc did not have third party insurance either.
He was fined £1,320.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
Jiboc, of Cranbrook Drive, Luton, must also pay victim services £66 and costs of £85.
He has been banned from driving for six months.
In total, he must pay £1,471.