M1 BMW driver banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking
- Credit: Archant
A BMW driver has been banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking and driving without insurance between Luton and St Albans.
Marius Jiboc did not appear in Stevenage Magistrates’ Court when the case against him was proved in his absence on October 4.
The court heard how he had driven without reasonable consideration for other road users on January 30.
The 24-year-old was travelling at 70mph when the limit was 60mph.
He also undertook several vehicles to get ahead between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Junction 10 for south Luton.
You may also want to watch:
Jiboc did not have third party insurance either.
He was fined £1,320.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Jiboc, of Cranbrook Drive, Luton, must also pay victim services £66 and costs of £85.
He has been banned from driving for six months.
In total, he must pay £1,471.