M1 BMW driver banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking
- Credit: Archant
A BMW driver has been banned from getting behind the wheel after undertaking and driving without insurance between Luton and St Albans.
Marius Jiboc did not appear in Stevenage Magistrates’ Court when the case against him was proved in his absence on October 4.
The court heard how he had driven without reasonable consideration for other road users on January 30.
The 24-year-old was travelling at 70mph when the limit was 60mph.
He also undertook several vehicles to get ahead between Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead/St Albans and Junction 10 for south Luton.
You may also want to watch:
Jiboc did not have third party insurance either.
He was fined £1,320.
- 1 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 2 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
Jiboc, of Cranbrook Drive, Luton, must also pay victim services £66 and costs of £85.
He has been banned from driving for six months.
In total, he must pay £1,471.