Herts Highways win grant for 'innovative' work
HUNDREDS of thousands of pounds has been awarded to Hertfordshire Highways in recognition of their innovative work. Nearly 70 local authorities submitted a bid for a share of additional government highways funding and Herts Highways was one of only 14 or
HUNDREDS of thousands of pounds has been awarded to Hertfordshire Highways in recognition of their innovative work.
Nearly 70 local authorities submitted a bid for a share of additional government highways funding and Herts Highways was one of only 14 organisations who were successful.
The �500,000 Department of Transport prize was awarded to Herts Highways in recognition of their strategic approach to highways maintenance, known as asset management, which prioritises which roads they work on and when.
As part of the asset management approach, Herts Highways considers all the roads in the county in relation to each other when working out which ones to repair first, rather than automatically fixing those which look worst.
You may also want to watch:
Executive Member for Highways and Transport Stuart Pile said that he was proud of the achievement and added: "Herts was one of the first local authorities to adopt an assessment management approach to maintaining our roads and we've been cited as an example of excellence by the Department of Transport on a number of occasions.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?