Herts County Council staff service awards
TWO local county council employees are among five loyal members of staff to be rewarded for their long service. Mario Abela, who has recently retired as a social worker with the St Albans Learning Disability Team, and Sandra Wood, who lives in Wheathampst
TWO local county council employees are among five loyal members of staff to be rewarded for their long service.
Mario Abela, who has recently retired as a social worker with the St Albans Learning Disability Team, and Sandra Wood, who lives in Wheathampstead, were thanked for their long-term commitment by county council chairman, Cllr. Bernard Lloyd.
Mario has had a long career in social work across Herts and said: "It has been a wonderful career and I have met many interesting people along the way."
Sandra's work in children's services has been similarly varied - she has held many posts including county organiser for the Young Farmers Clubs, rural officer for the Youth Service, joint leader for the county's contribution to International Youth Year and community education development officer.
You may also want to watch:
She is currently strategy manager for Study Support and Out of School Hours Learning.
With their three colleagues from other parts of the county, they have together notched up 200 years of service.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Cllr Lloyd commented: "In this age of fast moving technology and changing jobs it is very refreshing to find people who have chosen to work in the public sector for so long and found career satisfaction from giving loyal service to their local residents.