Herts county council election results 2017: Colney Heath and Marshalswick, London Colney, and St Stephen’s divisions
- Credit: Archant
Results from yesterday’s Herts county council election are in, and it is a mixed bag for less central St Albans divisions.
In Colney Heath and Marshalswick division, Liberal Democrat John Hale has been elected with 2,075 votes - Conservative candidate Claudio Duran was the closest behind with 1,774 votes.
Their rivals were not as near, with Labour’s Jahida Begum getting 389 votes, Green James Lomas with 153, and Ukip’s Tina Lomax on 122 supporters.
London Colney division has been the only ward in St Albans to elect a Labour candidate: Dreda Gordon retains her seat with 1,326 votes.
She beat Lib Dem Tony Lillico, who got 476 votes, Green’s Matt Maddock, who has 112 supporters, Ukip’s Alan Malin, who received 172 votes, and Conservative Mike Wakely, who got 1,028 votes.
You may also want to watch:
In St Stephen’s ward, the Conservative candidate has won the position - Sue Featherstone got 2,200 votes.
Green Lesley Baker had 90 supporters, Ukip’s David Dickson got 152, Labour’s Martin Mcgrath received 344, and Lib Dem’s David Yates was the closest behind with 1,748.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans