Herts Community Trust ‘requires improvement’
- Credit: Archant
A health trust responsible for community services across the St Albans district has been told it requires improvement by an inspection body.
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) includes services at Red House Hospital in Harpenden and St Albans City Hospital among those it has responsibility for but only the latter was part of the inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Following an inspection in February the CQC has graded the HCT as ‘requiring improvement’ even though 19 of its services were ranked outstanding or good and only six fell below the standard.
Concerns were raised about the speed of plans to tackle recruitment difficulties, better management of vacancies and the need to improve clinical records in the trust’s community hospital wards.
Some concerns were raised about issues such as the management of pain relief, hand washing practices and monitoring of fluid intake.
But the report also demonstrated numerous examples of good practice, with a particular emphasis on an ‘open and caring culture’.
David Law HCT’s chief executive, said: “Having spoken to the lead inspector, it is clear the Trust is very close to achieving a Good rating. We have already made changes to ensure we make improvements where needed. Our staff are keen to show the inspectors that the improvements identified have been delivered and we are working with the with the CQC to plan a re-inspection before the end of the year.”
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Mark Cubbon, portfolio director at the NHS Trust Development Authority, added: “Staff at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust are working very hard to deliver high quality care and should be commended for their caring and responsive patient services, recognised by this inspection.”
The trust employs 3,000 people across the county and treats 1.8 million people each year.
For the full report, click here.