Herts Advertiser Community Awards are back for second year
- Credit: Archant
An awards ceremony recognising that community spirit is alive and thriving in the St Albans district is back after the spectacular success of last year’s inaugural event.
The Herts Advertiser Community Awards reward those people who are making a significant contribution to their community, whether as a volunteer, fundraiser or unsung local hero.
The headline sponsor for this year’s awards is once again The Maltings Shopping Centre.
Centre manager Phil Corrigan said: “The Maltings is proud to be sponsoring the Herts Advertiser Community Awards and The Maltings Community Hero Category for the second year running.
“Community Heroes are all around us and the exceptional contributions they make to improve life in St Albans are all too often overlooked. They are the unseen fabric binding our community together. Here at the Maltings we believe their contribution deserves recognition, and that their dedication should be celebrated.
You may also want to watch:
“As such, we are delighted to be a part of the Herts Advertiser Community Awards once again, and we hope that their stories will inspire others.”
Mark Peddle, director of sponsors KDW, said: ‘We are proud to sponsor the Herts Advertiser Community Awards. At KDW we believe that it is important to support our local community and reward some of the fantastic work that local people, schools, businesses and charities do. We are excited to be part of the awards and are looking forward to this year’s event.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
Herts Ad editor Matt Adams added: “Last year’s awards were a phenomenal success, and people were still talking to me about them months later, so we’re delighted to be continuing this year with another celebration of the district’s community champions and outstanding citizens.”
Last year’s awards were hosted by Sky Sports Formula 1 presenter David Croft at The Maltings Arts Theatre, and drew on representatives from all walks of life, coming together to highlight some remarkable achievements.
Deadline for entries is Thursday July 21 and to enter simply click here.
This year’s Awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday September 6 at the Maltings Arts Theatre.