St Albans Museum + Gallery is new venue for civic pride awards
- Credit: Archant
The largest celebration of community spirit in the district is back, and this year’s it’s bigger than ever!
Pride in our community champions is at the heart of an awards ceremony highlighting those extraordinary people and outstanding organisations who make a real difference to life in the St Albans district.
Back for a fifth fantastic year, the Herts Advertiser Community Awards reward those groups and individuals who are making a significant contribution to their community, whether as volunteers, fundraisers or unsung local heroes.
This year the gala awards ceremony will be at a prestigious new location, St Albans Museum + Gallery, and the event on Tuesday September 3 will once again be hosted by Sky Sports Formula 1 presenter David Croft.
Museum manager Kate Warren said: “The success of the Museum + Gallery could not have been achieved without the support of the local community and so what better way to give back than by supporting the Herts Advertiser Community Awards and celebrating all those who make this community so great.”
The headline sponsor of this year’s awards is once again The Maltings Shopping Centre, who feed into the competition with their own monthly Community Heroes awards.
Herts Ad group editor Matt Adams said: “We are proud to be running what is unquestionably the biggest community event in the district, recognising people from all walks of life for their remarkable achievements.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
“Previous Herts Advertiser Community Awards have been a phenomenal success, so we’re delighted to be continuing this year with another celebration of the district’s community champions and outstanding citizens.”
The full list of categories in this year’s competition are:
Role Model of the Year, The Maltings Community Hero (sponsored by The Maltings Shopping Centre), Parent in a Million, Great and Green, Young Achiever (sponsored by London Luton Airport), Valiant Volunteer, Carer of the Year (sponsored by B&M Care, Clare Lodge Care Home), Lifetime Achievement (sponsored by St Albans and District Chamber of Commerce), Service to the Community (sponsored by St Albans Museum + Gallery), Good Neighbour, Nurse/Care Worker of the Year (sponsored by Spire Harpenden Hospital) and Charity Champions.
The deadline for entries is Thursday July 18 at 5pm. You can nominate free of charge for as many categories as you want - simply visit https://communityawards.hertsad.co.uk/to find out more.