Herts Ad editor signs up for Rennie Grove Muddy Mucker charity event in Chiswell Green
- Credit: Archant
Muck-raking isn’t the sort of journalism you’ll find in the Herts Advertiser, but that isn’t going to stop editor Matt Adams from getting down and dirty in the aid of charity.
He certainly won’t be able to keep his hands clean after enlisting for the Rennie Grove Muddy Mucker event in April - a five mile obstacle challenge across a specially designed assault course in Chiswell Green.
Hundreds of people are expected to test their strength and stamina in the face of climbing walls, rope swings, muddy tunnels, pools of water and other gruelling obstacles, all doing their bit to help support the services Rennie Grove provides to local patients suffering from life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Matt, 44, said: “One of the first things I did after joining the paper was jump out of a plane in aid of Grove House, and this looks like another insane way to help the Herts Ad’s dedicated charity - after all, as the saying goes, where there’s muck, there’s brass...
“Over the years I have run hundreds of charity stories about local people doing something amazing for a good cause, so if even a fraction of them return the favour by sponsoring my humble efforts then I should raise a pretty impressive sum for Rennie Grove.”
You may also want to watch:
Gillian Barnett, director of fundraising and marketing at Rennie Grove Hospice Care, added: “We are absolutely thrilled that Matt Adams, the editor of the Herts Advertiser, is taking part in our first Muddy Mucker at Chiswell Green in April this year.”
We would like to thank the Herts Ad for all their support with helping us promote this event, and give a very special thank you to Matt who is preparing to get very muddy indeed to help local patients and families! Please sign up and join us and Matt, to have lots of fun and raise vital funds in a very unique and mucky way.”
To sponsor Matt’s efforts, please visit his JustGiving page.
Rennie Grove is currently inviting entries from teams, whether that be friends, companies or family members, as well as solo participants. For further information click here.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire