Herts Ad editor signs up for Rennie Grove Muddy Mucker charity event in Chiswell Green
- Credit: Archant
Muck-raking isn’t the sort of journalism you’ll find in the Herts Advertiser, but that isn’t going to stop editor Matt Adams from getting down and dirty in the aid of charity.
He certainly won’t be able to keep his hands clean after enlisting for the Rennie Grove Muddy Mucker event in April - a five mile obstacle challenge across a specially designed assault course in Chiswell Green.
Hundreds of people are expected to test their strength and stamina in the face of climbing walls, rope swings, muddy tunnels, pools of water and other gruelling obstacles, all doing their bit to help support the services Rennie Grove provides to local patients suffering from life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Matt, 44, said: “One of the first things I did after joining the paper was jump out of a plane in aid of Grove House, and this looks like another insane way to help the Herts Ad’s dedicated charity - after all, as the saying goes, where there’s muck, there’s brass...
“Over the years I have run hundreds of charity stories about local people doing something amazing for a good cause, so if even a fraction of them return the favour by sponsoring my humble efforts then I should raise a pretty impressive sum for Rennie Grove.”
You may also want to watch:
Gillian Barnett, director of fundraising and marketing at Rennie Grove Hospice Care, added: “We are absolutely thrilled that Matt Adams, the editor of the Herts Advertiser, is taking part in our first Muddy Mucker at Chiswell Green in April this year.”
We would like to thank the Herts Ad for all their support with helping us promote this event, and give a very special thank you to Matt who is preparing to get very muddy indeed to help local patients and families! Please sign up and join us and Matt, to have lots of fun and raise vital funds in a very unique and mucky way.”
To sponsor Matt’s efforts, please visit his JustGiving page.
Rennie Grove is currently inviting entries from teams, whether that be friends, companies or family members, as well as solo participants. For further information click here.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre