Herts Ad editor says: ‘Firewalk with me...’
- Credit: Archant
Herts Ad editor Matt Adams will be hotfooting it to Club Batchwood to help raise funds for a local cancer centre.
But instead of strutting his stuff on the dancefloor, he will be walking barefoot over 15ft of hot coals to support patients receiving treatment at Mount Vernon.
He said: “Whether it’s jumping out of a plane, running the Herts 10K or completing a military-style assault course, I’ve always been happy to do my bit to support our local charities and raise awareness of their work.
“This is definitely going to be something different from what I’ve done in the past, but I’m always up for a challenge!”
Mount Vernon fundraiser Liz Hizli said: “After last year’s roaring success, we are delighted to have the support of Peter Bell at Club Batchwood and his staff to host this year’s firewalk.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter added: “It’s a great opportunity for us to stage an event like this and help raise some money for such a great cause as Mount Vernon. I can’t wait to see who comes and braves this. I’m even going to have a go myself!”
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre is the main treatment centre for people in the St Albans district affected by cancer, and provides support from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The event takes place on November 16, and there are still plenty of places available. Entry costs just £25. By taking part you will be supporting a local service helping people with cancer and their families, as well as experiencing a life-changing challenge.
To book your place and join in the fun, contact Liz Hizli on 0203 826 2517 or elizabeth.Hizli@nhs.net. To sponsor Matt visit here.