Herts Ad editor says: ‘Firewalk with me...’
- Credit: Archant
Herts Ad editor Matt Adams will be hotfooting it to Club Batchwood to help raise funds for a local cancer centre.
But instead of strutting his stuff on the dancefloor, he will be walking barefoot over 15ft of hot coals to support patients receiving treatment at Mount Vernon.
He said: “Whether it’s jumping out of a plane, running the Herts 10K or completing a military-style assault course, I’ve always been happy to do my bit to support our local charities and raise awareness of their work.
“This is definitely going to be something different from what I’ve done in the past, but I’m always up for a challenge!”
Mount Vernon fundraiser Liz Hizli said: “After last year’s roaring success, we are delighted to have the support of Peter Bell at Club Batchwood and his staff to host this year’s firewalk.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter added: “It’s a great opportunity for us to stage an event like this and help raise some money for such a great cause as Mount Vernon. I can’t wait to see who comes and braves this. I’m even going to have a go myself!”
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre is the main treatment centre for people in the St Albans district affected by cancer, and provides support from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
The event takes place on November 16, and there are still plenty of places available. Entry costs just £25. By taking part you will be supporting a local service helping people with cancer and their families, as well as experiencing a life-changing challenge.
To book your place and join in the fun, contact Liz Hizli on 0203 826 2517 or elizabeth.Hizli@nhs.net. To sponsor Matt visit here.