Herts Ad 10 Years Gone By: Tributes after tragic death of motorcyclist
- Credit: Archant
A terminally-ill cancer sufferer, Toby Russell-Winter, died tragically following a motorcycle accident on the M1, after striking a barrier.
The sad story of the death of Toby, who had fought a 10-year battle against thynoma, a rare form of cancer, was published in the August 31, 2006 edition of the Herts Ad.
Tributes were paid for his bravery and for “living life to the full”.
Three Valleys Water caused consternation when it applied to the Environment Agency for the go-ahead to extract millions of litres of water a day from Nomansland Common.
They wanted to have initial permission to draw 6.4 million litres of water a day from the chalk between Sandridge and Wheathampstead, and planned to increase that to nine million litres daily.
An initiative set up by local businesses sent a strong message to thieves.
The St Albans Business Against Crime (SABAC) initiative was launched to act as a neighbourhood watch for businesses, to deter shoplifters and pickpockets in the city centre.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Members were encouraged to report anything suspicious that might be a forerunner to crime.