Herts Ad 10 Years Gone By: Tributes after tragic death of motorcyclist
- Credit: Archant
A terminally-ill cancer sufferer, Toby Russell-Winter, died tragically following a motorcycle accident on the M1, after striking a barrier.
The sad story of the death of Toby, who had fought a 10-year battle against thynoma, a rare form of cancer, was published in the August 31, 2006 edition of the Herts Ad.
Tributes were paid for his bravery and for “living life to the full”.
Three Valleys Water caused consternation when it applied to the Environment Agency for the go-ahead to extract millions of litres of water a day from Nomansland Common.
They wanted to have initial permission to draw 6.4 million litres of water a day from the chalk between Sandridge and Wheathampstead, and planned to increase that to nine million litres daily.
An initiative set up by local businesses sent a strong message to thieves.
The St Albans Business Against Crime (SABAC) initiative was launched to act as a neighbourhood watch for businesses, to deter shoplifters and pickpockets in the city centre.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 6 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
Members were encouraged to report anything suspicious that might be a forerunner to crime.