Hertfordshire’s fire dog takes pawsome snap outside polling station
- Credit: Archant
Dog owners across the UK are snapping pictures of their dogs outside polling stations along with the hashtag #dogsatpollingstations, including Hertfordshire’s fire investigator Req.
Dogs across the UK are doing their democratic duty by dragging their owners to polling stations.
One of them being local hero Req, who helps Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service investigate blazes.
The black labrador also loves to help people stay safe by promoting safety messages on his Twitter account which has over 5,000 followers.
Twitter is a sea of dog pictures as people are being encouraged to take a picture of their pooch outside polling stations and using the hashtag #dogsatpollingstations.
You may also want to watch:
Dogs Trust is also reminding people not to leave their dogs unattended outside the stations, to avoid the beloved canines being stolen.
The charity is advising that while taking your photo or going into vote you leave your dog with a friend, or someone you know.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
They are also reminding the public to make sure their dogs have water outside the stations and not to leave their pooches in a hot car.
If you’re taking your dog to a polling station today send us a picture of him or her outside the building by tweeting @hertsad or by emailing email@example.com