Kimpton animal rehoming charity raise more than £3,000 with open day
- Credit: HELEN YATES
An animal rehoming charity raised more than £3,000 at an open day and dog show.
Hertfordshire Blue Cross rehoming centre, in Kimpton Bottom, held the event to raise funds for a much-needed revamp of its premises.
Centre manager Kellie Brooks said: "We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who came down and supported the event.
"The rebuild of the centre is a chance for us to really make a difference to local pets. It is not just a building - it is a future for pets in need."
The work will begin in August and aims to be completed by September 2020.
You may also want to watch:
During the refurbishment Blue Cross will be continuing to find pets new homes through their Home Direct scheme.
This means pets will be rehomed from their current household without the need of a shelter.
For more information about the Blue Cross rebuild please visit www.bluecross.org.uk /hertsappeal
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?