Kimpton animal rehoming charity raise more than £3,000 with open day
- Credit: HELEN YATES
An animal rehoming charity raised more than £3,000 at an open day and dog show.
Hertfordshire Blue Cross rehoming centre, in Kimpton Bottom, held the event to raise funds for a much-needed revamp of its premises.
Centre manager Kellie Brooks said: "We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who came down and supported the event.
"The rebuild of the centre is a chance for us to really make a difference to local pets. It is not just a building - it is a future for pets in need."
The work will begin in August and aims to be completed by September 2020.
You may also want to watch:
During the refurbishment Blue Cross will be continuing to find pets new homes through their Home Direct scheme.
This means pets will be rehomed from their current household without the need of a shelter.
For more information about the Blue Cross rebuild please visit www.bluecross.org.uk /hertsappeal
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery