Heroic boy flying high with Olly Murs thanks to St Albans firm
- Credit: Archant
Dreams came true for a heroic young boy as he took to the skies in a private jet for last week’s Pride of Britain Awards.
St Albans-based PrivateFly, a private jet booking service, organised the trip of a lifetime for seven year old Ted McCaffery who won the LIDL Young Fundraiser of the Year at the award show.
Ted claimed the prize after he underwent major heart surgery and then embarked on a fundraising campaign to help provide facilities for other children in his position, which included running a mini triathlon.
He was whisked off from the awards ceremony in London by singer and TV presenter Olly Murs, and then flown by Private Jet to Disneyland Paris with his family and two TV crews.
The surprise VIP trip saw the McCaffery family and crew jump on board a 12 seater Legacy 600 private jet aircraft, usually reserved for the most exclusive celebrities.
You may also want to watch:
PrivateFly’s chief executive Adam Twidell said: “All went according to plan - apart from the weather of course, which likes to keep us on our toes.
“With heavy rain and strong winds in Central London the day before, the initial plan to fly from London City Airport had to be changed just hours beforehand.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
“We often fly celebrities and high profile business people, but this young VIP client will take some beating.
“We were very proud to fly such a worthy winner and his family.”