Help urgently needed for St Albans British Legion’s Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Traditional red poppies and collection cans are being prepared in St Albans ahead of the annual British Legion fundraising appeal, but help is urgently needed.
Members of the St Albans branch of the Legion will shortly be distributing poppies and collection cans to shops, pubs and restaurants throughout the city.
However they are calling for help from residents, for both the preparation and selling of poppies.
A spokesman said: “Last year the remarkably generous citizens of St Albans donated over £76,000 to this branch alone, in aid of our ex-service personnel. These veterans, both men and women who wore the Queen’s uniform, were prepared to lay down their lives in the service of this country.
“When they or their families are in need, your contributions can be used to help them.”
You may also want to watch:
Collectors will be at the city railway station and elsewhere from Friday October 23 until Wednesday November 11.
If you are able to help, even with an hour or two, please contact Poppy Appeal coordinator Don Dell by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07747467836, or you can put a note through the branch’s door at Mitchell Hall on Verulam Road.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall