Help to keep the Herts Air Ambulance flying
SCHOOLS, businesses, groups, clubs and individuals are being invited to join in a week of fundraising for the Herts Air Ambulance service.
The charity and Archant newspaper group, which publishes the Herts Advertiser, are looking to the people of St Albans to get on board and raise much needed funds during National Air Ambulance Week, which is taking place from Monday, September 20, to Sunday, September 26.
The fundraising team will be running the second annual Go Red appeal which calls on people to choose a day to wear red, show their support for the Air Ambulance and donate �1 per person to help keep the life-saving helicopter flying.
Five schools in the county will also see the Herts Air Ambulance land in their playing fields after entering a free prize draw.
Medical Aviation Services, operators of the aircraft, will allow them to fly the helicopter free of charge for these special landings.
You may also want to watch:
In 2009, one of the lucky schools to win a landing by the Herts Air Ambulance in their playing field was Hartsfield School in Baldock.
Head teacher Suzanne Summerhayes said: “What an immensely memorable occasion having the Herts Air Ambulance land at our school was. The children watched and waved enthusiastically as it circled above the school.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
“We all enjoyed learning from the crew more about the specialist treatment they are able to provide and how vital donations are to keep the Air Ambulance flying. It’s not every day a helicopter comes to visit!”
Those who sign up to the fundraising initiative will join a list of organisations, companies and schools participating in the campaign which will be featured on their website at HertsAirAmbulance.uk.com.
Nikki Caborn, Herts coordinator said: “We are very excited to be running the Go Red appeal again this year and thank you to everyone who has registered to take part so far. Congratulations to the five schools who won the draw, I hope you enjoy your very special visit!
“Last year we raised over �9,200 and we hope to beat this in 2010! Go Red is such an easy and fun way to support a very worthy local cause and help keep the Air Ambulance flying and saving lives across the County.”
To register or for more information about Go Red visit HertsAirAmbulance.uk.com or call 0845 504 0055.