Hedgehog gets stuck between fences at London Colney leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A slightly portly hedgehog ended up wedged between two metal fences at a leisure centre, prompting an RSPCA rescue mission on Friday.
The hog had attempted to squeeze between the panels outside Cotlandswick Leisure Centre in London Colney when he became stuck, and was spotted by a passer-by who contacted the RSPCA.
On arrival, the inspector removed the hog from the rather pricky situation using specialised equipment, and released him back into the wild.
Luckily the “rather sweet” hog was unscathed and proved to be quite healthy, despite his slightly traumatic experience.
Herts RSPCA spokesperson Laura Quinn said: “It was quite a sight to behold on a hot summer evening!
You may also want to watch:
“He seemed happy enough, he was nice and fat and looked very healthy, which is always good to see, especially now that hedgehog numbers are in decline in the UK.”
She added: “I thought perhaps he might have been on his way to the gym but I guess he must have decided to give it a miss!”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll