Hedgehog gets stuck between fences at London Colney leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A slightly portly hedgehog ended up wedged between two metal fences at a leisure centre, prompting an RSPCA rescue mission on Friday.
The hog had attempted to squeeze between the panels outside Cotlandswick Leisure Centre in London Colney when he became stuck, and was spotted by a passer-by who contacted the RSPCA.
On arrival, the inspector removed the hog from the rather pricky situation using specialised equipment, and released him back into the wild.
Luckily the “rather sweet” hog was unscathed and proved to be quite healthy, despite his slightly traumatic experience.
Herts RSPCA spokesperson Laura Quinn said: “It was quite a sight to behold on a hot summer evening!
You may also want to watch:
“He seemed happy enough, he was nice and fat and looked very healthy, which is always good to see, especially now that hedgehog numbers are in decline in the UK.”
She added: “I thought perhaps he might have been on his way to the gym but I guess he must have decided to give it a miss!”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land