Heavy delays in St Albans following road closures
- Credit: Archant
There are heavy delays in St Albans following an accident on the M1.
The accident took place on the M1 at around 3pm today, between Junction 6 for Bricket Wood and Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead.
The A414 was closed, causing delays around the Park Street roundabout.
The road was reopened at around 4pm.
Heavy delays remain throughout the St Albans and Hemel Hempstead areas, and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Highways England tweeted at about 5pm: “One lane remains closed on the M1 southbound between J8 for Hemel and J6a for the M25, HertsPolice and our traffic officers remain on scene.
“Delays of approx. 30 minutes above normal travel time through that section.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
“The Junction 8 southbound entry slip road remains closed.”