Heavy delays in St Albans following road closures
- Credit: Archant
There are heavy delays in St Albans following an accident on the M1.
The accident took place on the M1 at around 3pm today, between Junction 6 for Bricket Wood and Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead.
The A414 was closed, causing delays around the Park Street roundabout.
The road was reopened at around 4pm.
Heavy delays remain throughout the St Albans and Hemel Hempstead areas, and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Highways England tweeted at about 5pm: “One lane remains closed on the M1 southbound between J8 for Hemel and J6a for the M25, HertsPolice and our traffic officers remain on scene.
“Delays of approx. 30 minutes above normal travel time through that section.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge
- 7 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 10 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
“The Junction 8 southbound entry slip road remains closed.”