Heavy delays in St Albans following road closures
- Credit: Archant
There are heavy delays in St Albans following an accident on the M1.
The accident took place on the M1 at around 3pm today, between Junction 6 for Bricket Wood and Junction 8 for Hemel Hempstead.
The A414 was closed, causing delays around the Park Street roundabout.
The road was reopened at around 4pm.
Heavy delays remain throughout the St Albans and Hemel Hempstead areas, and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England tweeted at about 5pm: “One lane remains closed on the M1 southbound between J8 for Hemel and J6a for the M25, HertsPolice and our traffic officers remain on scene.
“Delays of approx. 30 minutes above normal travel time through that section.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad
“The Junction 8 southbound entry slip road remains closed.”