Heartwood Summer Family Festival in Sandridge this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A favourite St Albans natural beauty spot is getting ready to host a woodland extravaganza.
The Heartwood Summer Family Festival is back for another year this Saturday (9) and looks set to be the biggest yet.
Run by the Woodland Trust, the event promises a range of fun shows and competitions for all the family, as well as offering the chance to experience the delights of the forest environment.
Site manager Louise Neicho said: “It’s a beautiful spot and we hope people will come and join us to see what the Woodland Trust is all about and have lots of fun.”
Events include a 5km fun run with a prize for the most ludicrous costume, a dog show, yoga session, champagne bar and a teddy bears picnic.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Heartwood Bake-Off also returns, with the cake creations being sold after judging and funds going directly into the upkeep of the forest.
The festival takes place from 10am-3pm at Heartwood Forest, Sandridge. To find out more information see here.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly