Heartwood Summer Family Festival in Sandridge this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A favourite St Albans natural beauty spot is getting ready to host a woodland extravaganza.
The Heartwood Summer Family Festival is back for another year this Saturday (9) and looks set to be the biggest yet.
Run by the Woodland Trust, the event promises a range of fun shows and competitions for all the family, as well as offering the chance to experience the delights of the forest environment.
Site manager Louise Neicho said: “It’s a beautiful spot and we hope people will come and join us to see what the Woodland Trust is all about and have lots of fun.”
Events include a 5km fun run with a prize for the most ludicrous costume, a dog show, yoga session, champagne bar and a teddy bears picnic.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Heartwood Bake-Off also returns, with the cake creations being sold after judging and funds going directly into the upkeep of the forest.
The festival takes place from 10am-3pm at Heartwood Forest, Sandridge. To find out more information see here.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book