How many people in St Albans have been vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Credit: PA
An increasing number of people across St Albans district are receiving their their first or second dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
With both St Albans and Harpenden hailed among the top vaccination centres in the country by health secretary Matt Hancock, this paper has complied the latest stats released by NHS England, which record the vaccination data by MSOA (Middle Layer Super Output Area).
The data, which is recorded on the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS) database, is published each Thursday, and shows vaccinations of those living in St Albans district on a neighbourhood level.
There are 20 MSOAs in St Albans district.
A total of 43,266 residents received at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine as of March 7, with the majority - 13,161 - being under the age of 60.
London Colney has currently seen the most residents vaccinated, with 2,865 receiving inoculations against COVID-19. 347 of those were aged over 80, and 1,058 under 60. It also is the area that boasts the most residents aged under 60 vaccinated.
You may also want to watch:
Verulam Park's residents are the next-most vaccinated up until March 7, with 2,608 people who live in the area vaccinated at designated clinics. These figures include 571 under 60s, and 587 over 80s.
How Wood and Park Street's residents followed closely behind, with 2,430 receiving either one or both vaccines as of the first week of March. Of those, 787 were under the age of 60, and 401 over the age of 80.
- 1 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
How many people have been vaccinated in your neighbourhood? Check out our interactive graphs.