How many Omicron cases are there in your area?
- Credit: GETTY IMAGES
With COVID-19 cases up by nearly 39 per cent week on week in the UK, cases of the Omicron variant are also spreading rapidly.
The latest data showing the number of confirmed cases by local authority as of December 13, as well as the number of suspected cases which are currently being sent off for testing, has been released.
There are 91 confirmed Omicron cases in St Albans, with 249 suspected cases - the highest number in Hertfordshire.
Meanwhile Welwyn Hatfield has 61 confirmed cases and 178 suspected cases.
North Herts comes next with 37 confirmed cases and 156 suspected, while Stevenage has 26 confirmed cases and 115 suspected cases.
Across the border in South Cambs there are only 17 confirmed cases and 74 suspected cases.
In Central Beds the number of confirmed cases is similar to North Herts - at 38 - however a whopping 315 suspected cases are undergoing further testing, meaning that potentially the area is worse affected than St Albans.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star