Celebrity Herts couple complete volunteer vaccination training with St John Ambulance
- Credit: Govia Thameslink
Celebrity Hertfordshire couple Emma Willis and Matt Willis have joined the country's COVID-19 vaccination volunteer programme after completing their training with St John Ambulance.
The popular television presenter and the Busted musician, known for hit singles What I Go to School For and Year 3000, both shared the news on their social media pages on Saturday.
Herts resident Emma Willis can normally be seen on our TV screens hosting The Voice UK and recent Channel 4 reality game show The Circle.
However, soon you could be seeing her and husband Matt Willis at a vaccination centre near you helping the NHS deliver COVID-19 jabs.
Now fully qualified as a volunteer, Emma is raring to get started, posting on social media "bring on the first shift".
She posted on Instagram a celebratory picture of herself with musician, actor and podcaster Matt wearing their green St John's T-shirts and facemasks.
"Thank you so much to the whole team who guided and taught us and for making it informative AND fun!
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 9 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
"What a brilliant bunch of good eggs. Bring on the first shift!! 💚👊"
The mother of three has previously trained at Princess Alexandra Hospital's busy maternity ward in Harlow, Essex, as a maternity care assistant for programme Emma Willis: Delivering Babies.
Busted bassist Matt Willis, who appeared in TV series Birds of a Feather as Garth Stubbs, also shared a selfie on Instagram after the "challenging" but "rewarding" training course.
He posted on Instagram a picture of himself alongside Emma with the words: "We did it... coming to a vaccination centre near you... thanks so much @stjohn_ambulance for all your incredible help and training.. it has been so challenging and rewarding already and we have only just begun... cannot wait for the first shift! #vaccinator #vaccine #stjohnambulance #stjohnpeople"
Matt's band Busted made a surprise special guest appearance at Hatfield music festival Slam Dunk in the grounds of Hatfield House in 2019.
Hertfordshire-based Hot Fuzz and Mission: Impossible star Simon Pegg revealed on his Instagram stories on Saturday that he was having his COVID-19 vaccination that day.