Head to the desert for charity fundraiser in aid of Grove House
- Credit: Archant
THE trip of a lifetime, trekking across the iconic landscape of the Sahara Desert, is only just over a year away.
The desert trek in support of hospices in the south east of the UK, will take place betweem October 4 and 11 next year.
The Saharan landscape is vast and diverse and trekkers will cover around 50km in four days, taking in sand dunes, rugged stony ground, dried up river beds and rocky outcrops. They will sleep under the stars each night and during the final two days of the expedition there will be the opportunity to assist in a local community project in Marrakech.
The tour, which is accompanied by experienced Berber guides, is described as moderately challenging and a good level of fitness will be required.
Each participant must raise a minimum contribution of £1,800 plus a non-returnable deposit of £320. Deposits must be paid by December this year to secure a place. The cost includes all flights, transfers and transport, all accommodation, all meals, guides and equipment.
You may also want to watch:
To register and for further information contact Nicola Mackinnon on 01442 820730 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the hospice website www.renniegrove.org
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans