Head to the desert for charity fundraiser in aid of Grove House
- Credit: Archant
THE trip of a lifetime, trekking across the iconic landscape of the Sahara Desert, is only just over a year away.
The desert trek in support of hospices in the south east of the UK, will take place betweem October 4 and 11 next year.
The Saharan landscape is vast and diverse and trekkers will cover around 50km in four days, taking in sand dunes, rugged stony ground, dried up river beds and rocky outcrops. They will sleep under the stars each night and during the final two days of the expedition there will be the opportunity to assist in a local community project in Marrakech.
The tour, which is accompanied by experienced Berber guides, is described as moderately challenging and a good level of fitness will be required.
Each participant must raise a minimum contribution of £1,800 plus a non-returnable deposit of £320. Deposits must be paid by December this year to secure a place. The cost includes all flights, transfers and transport, all accommodation, all meals, guides and equipment.
To register and for further information contact Nicola Mackinnon on 01442 820730 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the hospice website www.renniegrove.org
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire