Head to the desert for charity fundraiser in aid of Grove House
- Credit: Archant
THE trip of a lifetime, trekking across the iconic landscape of the Sahara Desert, is only just over a year away.
The desert trek in support of hospices in the south east of the UK, will take place betweem October 4 and 11 next year.
The Saharan landscape is vast and diverse and trekkers will cover around 50km in four days, taking in sand dunes, rugged stony ground, dried up river beds and rocky outcrops. They will sleep under the stars each night and during the final two days of the expedition there will be the opportunity to assist in a local community project in Marrakech.
The tour, which is accompanied by experienced Berber guides, is described as moderately challenging and a good level of fitness will be required.
Each participant must raise a minimum contribution of £1,800 plus a non-returnable deposit of £320. Deposits must be paid by December this year to secure a place. The cost includes all flights, transfers and transport, all accommodation, all meals, guides and equipment.
You may also want to watch:
To register and for further information contact Nicola Mackinnon on 01442 820730 or email@example.com or visit the hospice website www.renniegrove.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development