Head-on crash trapped drivers
A HEAD-ON crash left two drivers trapped in their cars and badly injured in yesterday (Thursday) evening. The accident happened at about 5.30pm when a silver Daewoo Lanos was in collision with a blue Rover 620 on a bend by the gravel pit in Sandpit Lane b
A HEAD-ON crash left two drivers trapped in their cars and badly injured in yesterday (Thursday) evening.
The accident happened at about 5.30pm when a silver Daewoo Lanos was in collision with a blue Rover 620 on a bend by the gravel pit in Sandpit Lane between St Albans and Smallford.
Police closed the road between the Coopers Green Lane junction and the Smallford roundabout while fire crews worked to cut the men free.
Gary Sanderson, spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they sent two ambulances and a doctor to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics, technicians and the doctor worked alongside the fire service for more than an hour-and-a-half to stabilise the victims before they were released.
He added that one of the patients had to be anesthetised by the doctor because of the nature of his injuries.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
The two men were taken to the QE2 hospital in Welwyn Garden City at around 6.40pm.
One of the drivers had serious leg fractures and the other had a fractured arm and abdominal injuries.