Have your say on future of hospital services in west Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Draft plans have been published outlining the future of hospitals in west Herts.
The draft of the strategic outline case (SOC) for transforming hospital sites in St Albans, Watford and Hemel Hempstead will be considered at two separate board meetings on Thursday, July 11.
West Herts Hospitals Trust (WHHT) and Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (HVCCG) are seeking the public's views on the draft SOC, which will make a case for £350 million to be used to renovate existing hospital services in west Herts.
Their preferred option, indicated by a joint board meeting last month, provides the greatest amount of investment in Watford General Hospital, with some refurbishments and enhancements at Hemel Hempstead and St Albans City.
WHHT will hold a meeting from 9am to 10.30am at the Executive Meeting Room, The Restaurant, Watford General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
HVCCG will meet from 2pm to 4pm at Stanborough Centre, 609 St Albans Road, Watford.
Both meetings are open to the public, and anyone who wants to give their views can make submissions to either board.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
Written submissions of up to 500 words must be submitted by 8am on Monday, July 1, and anyone wanting to make a representation in person should notify WHHT or HVCCG by 8am on the same date.
To make a representation or a written submission email email@example.com for West Herts Hospitals Trust or firstname.lastname@example.org for Herts Valleys CCG.