Have your say on the future of sports facilities in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
The future shape of sports facilities in Harpenden will be the focus of a public meeting this Thursday, September 22.
St Albans council is looking at redeveloping Harpenden’s swimming pool site into a modern integrated leisure centre for wet and dry facilities
That would sit alongside a new arts and cultural hub at the existing sports centre with a display area for a museum dedicated to Harpenden.
Speakers for the evening, which has been organised by The Harpenden Society, have been invited from all sectors of sport in the town, including athletics, boxing, cricket, cycling, hockey, football, rugby and tennis.
They will discuss how they see the future of their sport and what needs to be done to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm for the public meeting, in time for an 8pm start at Park Hall in Leyton Road.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans