Have your say on the future of sports facilities in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
The future shape of sports facilities in Harpenden will be the focus of a public meeting this Thursday, September 22.
St Albans council is looking at redeveloping Harpenden’s swimming pool site into a modern integrated leisure centre for wet and dry facilities
That would sit alongside a new arts and cultural hub at the existing sports centre with a display area for a museum dedicated to Harpenden.
Speakers for the evening, which has been organised by The Harpenden Society, have been invited from all sectors of sport in the town, including athletics, boxing, cricket, cycling, hockey, football, rugby and tennis.
They will discuss how they see the future of their sport and what needs to be done to improve facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm for the public meeting, in time for an 8pm start at Park Hall in Leyton Road.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved