Have your say on future of St Albans playground
- Credit: Archant
A public consultation is being held on proposals for a new playground in Bernards Heath, St Albans.
The charity Let's Play at Bernards Heath is working to revitalise the heathland's play area, and residents are invited to have their say on the plans.
A consultation event will be held from 2pm to 4pm on Saturday, February 1, at St Saviour's Church Hall. Members of the public can view the initial designs for the playground, learn about the plans, and help identify potential sources of financial support.
The charity's website states: "We aim to completely regenerate the play area with new flooring and equipment, and create a positive impact on our community.
"Parts of the playground were installed in the 1990s. The play area is very well used by the local community and deserves a much-needed revamp."
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and entertainment will be on offer on the day.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images