Have you seen missing Northumberland woman in St Albans?
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide search to find a missing 65 year old is now being centred in St Albans.
Police have reason to believe Janet Davis, who was last seen in Stockton Road in Ryhope, Sunderland last Thursday (28), has links to the area.
She is described as being tall with grey hair - her hair was in a ponytail when she was last seen. She was last seen wearing a burgundy coloured jumper, purple coat and black trousers. She had a grey handbag with her.
Officers have been carrying out extensive enquiries to locate her. A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: “Our enquiries have led us to believe Janet might be in the St Albans area.”
Police have been viewing CCTV in the area she was last seen and speaking to people who knew her, but despite this, Janet remains missing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Paul Stewart said: “We’re becoming increasingly concerned for Janet’s welfare and are urging anyone who may have information about where she is to please come forward and pass this information on to us.”
He believes that Janet could be in a vehicle.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
Det Insp Stewart continued: “Although we do not what the vehicle is and would ask car hire companies who may have hired a car to someone fitting Janet’s description to get in contact”.
If you have any information please contact police on the non-emergency number 101.