Have you seen missing Northumberland woman in St Albans?
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide search to find a missing 65 year old is now being centred in St Albans.
Police have reason to believe Janet Davis, who was last seen in Stockton Road in Ryhope, Sunderland last Thursday (28), has links to the area.
She is described as being tall with grey hair - her hair was in a ponytail when she was last seen. She was last seen wearing a burgundy coloured jumper, purple coat and black trousers. She had a grey handbag with her.
Officers have been carrying out extensive enquiries to locate her. A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: “Our enquiries have led us to believe Janet might be in the St Albans area.”
Police have been viewing CCTV in the area she was last seen and speaking to people who knew her, but despite this, Janet remains missing.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Paul Stewart said: “We’re becoming increasingly concerned for Janet’s welfare and are urging anyone who may have information about where she is to please come forward and pass this information on to us.”
He believes that Janet could be in a vehicle.
- 1 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Det Insp Stewart continued: “Although we do not what the vehicle is and would ask car hire companies who may have hired a car to someone fitting Janet’s description to get in contact”.
If you have any information please contact police on the non-emergency number 101.