Have you seen missing Northumberland woman in St Albans?
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide search to find a missing 65 year old is now being centred in St Albans.
Police have reason to believe Janet Davis, who was last seen in Stockton Road in Ryhope, Sunderland last Thursday (28), has links to the area.
She is described as being tall with grey hair - her hair was in a ponytail when she was last seen. She was last seen wearing a burgundy coloured jumper, purple coat and black trousers. She had a grey handbag with her.
Officers have been carrying out extensive enquiries to locate her. A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: “Our enquiries have led us to believe Janet might be in the St Albans area.”
Police have been viewing CCTV in the area she was last seen and speaking to people who knew her, but despite this, Janet remains missing.
Det Insp Paul Stewart said: “We’re becoming increasingly concerned for Janet’s welfare and are urging anyone who may have information about where she is to please come forward and pass this information on to us.”
He believes that Janet could be in a vehicle.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
Det Insp Stewart continued: “Although we do not what the vehicle is and would ask car hire companies who may have hired a car to someone fitting Janet’s description to get in contact”.
If you have any information please contact police on the non-emergency number 101.