Have a colourful blast this summer and help Grove House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Sign up now for the first Rennie Grove Colour Blast event...
Now school’s out for summer, Rennie Grove Hospice Care has a solution to help you keep the kids entertained – for one day at least!
The charity, which cares for patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families, has launched a brand new colourful fundraiser in St Albans and is calling on locals to sign up for the fun run.
Colour Blast offers a choice of either a 5km or 1.5km colour-coated run, which is open to all ages. Participants will be showered with powder at various stations along the route and will be covered in colour by the finish.
Gillian Barnett, director of fundraising and marketing at Rennie Grove, explained: “This event is perfect for the whole family, giving you the opportunity to do something a bit different during the holidays and support a local cause at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Colour Blast takes place on Sunday August 23 at Everyone Active - Westminster Lodge in St Albans. Entry to the event costs £20 for adults and £10 for children, and there is also a £50 family rate (two adults, two children).
Under 5s go free, and participants are asked to raise as much sponsorship as they can to support the charity’s services.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Assistant manager at Everyone Active – Westminster Lodge, James Tovey, said: “We’re really excited to be hosting this event. It will be a fantastic day out for all involved, and we hope the local community will come together to have fun and raise money for an important local charity.”
As part of the entry fee, everyone will be provided with Colour Blast sunglasses and a medal, and a selection of merchandise will be available to purchase on the day.
Gillian added: “We encourage you to wear an old white t-shirt for maximum effect, and it would be fantastic to see you getting creative with colourful accessories. Why not dig out some rainbow socks or a tutu?”
Click here or call 01442 820740 for more information and to register.