Hatfield man charged with possessing a knife and drugs in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield man has been charged with possessing cocaine, cannabis, and a knife in St Albans.
At about 4.30pm on October 9, Herts police officers stopped and searched a grey Audi S3 on Elm Drive - discovering drugs and a knife inside.
Syed Shah, of College Lane in Hatfield, has been charged with possession of Class A and B drugs and a knife.
The 22-year-old will appear at St Albans Magistrates Court on Friday, November 9.
Three other men - a 21-year-old from Middlesex, a 20-year-old from Luton, and a 22-year-old from Hatfield - were also arrested.
All of them were held on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis, but the Middlesex and Luton men were also arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
These three have now been released with no further action.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
Anyone with information about drug or knife crime should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.