Hatfield man charged with possessing a knife and drugs in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield man has been charged with possessing cocaine, cannabis, and a knife in St Albans.
At about 4.30pm on October 9, Herts police officers stopped and searched a grey Audi S3 on Elm Drive - discovering drugs and a knife inside.
Syed Shah, of College Lane in Hatfield, has been charged with possession of Class A and B drugs and a knife.
The 22-year-old will appear at St Albans Magistrates Court on Friday, November 9.
Three other men - a 21-year-old from Middlesex, a 20-year-old from Luton, and a 22-year-old from Hatfield - were also arrested.
You may also want to watch:
All of them were held on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis, but the Middlesex and Luton men were also arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
These three have now been released with no further action.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
Anyone with information about drug or knife crime should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.