Filmmaker wins top Parliamentary prize with help of Bim Afolami MP
- Credit: Archant
A filmmaker has won a top prize from Parliament with the help of MP Bim Afolami.
Ed Wiles from Harpenden was awarded Best Film 16 or Over in the Film the House competition for his film, City of Lights.
Ed said: “I’m delighted to have won. Audiences have really warmed to the film, but this is the first award we’ve won at a festival and I’m really pleased. I want to say a big thanks to Film London and everyone who helped me to make this film.”
City of Lights is a romantic comedy about a night-time security guard in an office tower trying to gain the attention of a cleaner in an opposite tower.
Having showcased it at international film festivals, Ed sent the film to Harpenden MP Bim Afolami to be entered into Film the House.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Afolami said: “I’m delighted Ed has won this award.
“Filmmaking and the creative industries sector generally is vital to our economy and so I am pleased we’ve already got such a good crop of talent coming through from the next generation.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans