Harpenden Writers group celebrates 20th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Fifty members of the Harpenden Writers group welcomed the town mayor to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Last Friday the group launched its second anthology of poetry and prose at the Quaker Meeting House.
The event included readings by 13 of the 25 authors of the 132-page anthology, called ‘The Words’.
The event was also attended by Mayor Cllr Rosemary Farmer, who cut the cake and congratulated group chair Stephen Lloyd on what she called a “thriving group of creative poets and authors”.
The anthology is a companion piece to the group’s 2007 volume, The Works.
You may also want to watch:
Over 130 copies of The Words have already been sold, and anyone interested can pick up a copy from Harpenden Books and Serena Hart for £6.50.
The anthology is also available from www.harpendenwriters.com
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden