Harpenden Writers group celebrates 20th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Fifty members of the Harpenden Writers group welcomed the town mayor to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Last Friday the group launched its second anthology of poetry and prose at the Quaker Meeting House.
The event included readings by 13 of the 25 authors of the 132-page anthology, called ‘The Words’.
The event was also attended by Mayor Cllr Rosemary Farmer, who cut the cake and congratulated group chair Stephen Lloyd on what she called a “thriving group of creative poets and authors”.
The anthology is a companion piece to the group’s 2007 volume, The Works.
You may also want to watch:
Over 130 copies of The Words have already been sold, and anyone interested can pick up a copy from Harpenden Books and Serena Hart for £6.50.
The anthology is also available from www.harpendenwriters.com
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park