Harpenden Writers group celebrates 20th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Fifty members of the Harpenden Writers group welcomed the town mayor to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Last Friday the group launched its second anthology of poetry and prose at the Quaker Meeting House.
The event included readings by 13 of the 25 authors of the 132-page anthology, called ‘The Words’.
The event was also attended by Mayor Cllr Rosemary Farmer, who cut the cake and congratulated group chair Stephen Lloyd on what she called a “thriving group of creative poets and authors”.
The anthology is a companion piece to the group’s 2007 volume, The Works.
You may also want to watch:
Over 130 copies of The Words have already been sold, and anyone interested can pick up a copy from Harpenden Books and Serena Hart for £6.50.
The anthology is also available from www.harpendenwriters.com
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold