Harpenden woman donates Lewis Hamilton montage to charity
- Credit: Archant
Currently topping the league as the world’s most marketable sports star, anything associated with F1 driver with Lewis Hamilton is hard to beat.
So a Herts-based charity has plenty of reason to thank a long-time supporter for donating a signed and framed montage of photos of the racing driver.
Begona Camba Abril, from Harpenden, won the valuable prize in a raffle at The Hub Cycle and Coffee Bar in Redbourn recently and has passed it on to the Herts Action on Disability (HAD).
But Begona, originally from north west Spain, admits that if the prize had featured her local motoring hero she might have kept it. She joked: “Yes if it had been signed by Fernando Alonso it might have been different. But I’m happy to hand it over to HAD.”
Herts-born Hamilton is setting a fast pace in this year’s Formula One Drivers’ Championship and is already favourite to take the title he originally won in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is planning to raffle or auction the item in the near future. Anyone who would like to make a bid for it can contact the charity’s fundraising chairman Paul Bishop on 07973 237162.
HAD provides a number of key services for older and disabled people including mobility equipment, accessible transport and driving lessons and assessments. For more information visit www.hadnet.org.uk or telephone 01707 324581.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery