Harpenden vet dies after nearly 30 years working in town
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden vet has died after running a practise in the town for more than 27 years.
Alistair Poole ran the eponymous small animal veterinary surgery in Luton Road, and sadly passed away on Sunday, October 14.
A statement from his wife Sue and sons George and Ed was posted to the surgery's website, thanking the people of Harpenden for their support over the years.
The statement said: "It is with deepest regret that we have to inform you that Alistair died on Sunday.
"We would like to assure you that the practice will continue as normal under the wonderful care of his dedicated and talented team."
You may also want to watch:
Alistair graduated from the University of Glasgow in 1985, and started work shortly after at a mixed practice in St Albans before deciding to focus on small animals. The Harpenden property became available in 1991, and Alistair opened his own practice in 1992.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans