Harpenden Tory club shuts due to cash-flow problems
A TORY club is temporarily closed while a finance plan is put into action. The Conservative Club in Harpenden shut two weeks ago due to cash-flow difficulties related to the current economic climate, according to committee member Peter Matthews. But he
A TORY club is temporarily closed while a finance plan is put into action.
The Conservative Club in Harpenden shut two weeks ago due to "cash-flow difficulties" related to the current economic climate, according to committee member Peter Matthews.
But he added that the club, which is in Vaughan Road, was putting together a rescue package to ensure that it reached its centenary celebrations this year.
Mr Matthews also pointed out that another reason for the temporary closure was the recent departure of the club's steward.
You may also want to watch:
A committee meeting is due to be held today (Thursday) and it is hoped that the club will reopen by the end of the month.
Mr Matthews added that the committee was made up of very capable and dedicated members who were also "very hard-working and experienced".
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests