Harpenden Tory club shuts due to cash-flow problems
A TORY club is temporarily closed while a finance plan is put into action. The Conservative Club in Harpenden shut two weeks ago due to cash-flow difficulties related to the current economic climate, according to committee member Peter Matthews. But he
A TORY club is temporarily closed while a finance plan is put into action.
The Conservative Club in Harpenden shut two weeks ago due to "cash-flow difficulties" related to the current economic climate, according to committee member Peter Matthews.
But he added that the club, which is in Vaughan Road, was putting together a rescue package to ensure that it reached its centenary celebrations this year.
Mr Matthews also pointed out that another reason for the temporary closure was the recent departure of the club's steward.
You may also want to watch:
A committee meeting is due to be held today (Thursday) and it is hoped that the club will reopen by the end of the month.
Mr Matthews added that the committee was made up of very capable and dedicated members who were also "very hard-working and experienced".
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping