Harpenden teenager sets up animal boarding business
ENTERPRISING Harpenden teenager Laura Candy has started her own boarding business from home, caring for small animals.Laura, 19, recently left Luton s Barnfield College after achieving a three-year BTEC Diploma in Animal Management with distinctions.The
ENTERPRISING Harpenden teenager Laura Candy has started her own boarding business from home, caring for small animals.
Laura, 19, recently left Luton's Barnfield College after achieving a three-year BTEC Diploma in Animal Management with distinctions.
The new business, Candy's Animal Ark, operates from a new purpose-built building at her home in Harpenden Rise, Harpenden, where she organises holiday boarding for animals, catering for small animals such as guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, mice, rats and exotic pets.
Laura specialises in breeding guinea pigs and has supplied pets to Woodside Farm, at nearby Slip End, for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Summer holiday boarding is already under way and for details, contact 01582 622006 or 07724 429546.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery