Harpenden teenager sets up animal boarding business
ENTERPRISING Harpenden teenager Laura Candy has started her own boarding business from home, caring for small animals.Laura, 19, recently left Luton s Barnfield College after achieving a three-year BTEC Diploma in Animal Management with distinctions.The
ENTERPRISING Harpenden teenager Laura Candy has started her own boarding business from home, caring for small animals.
Laura, 19, recently left Luton's Barnfield College after achieving a three-year BTEC Diploma in Animal Management with distinctions.
The new business, Candy's Animal Ark, operates from a new purpose-built building at her home in Harpenden Rise, Harpenden, where she organises holiday boarding for animals, catering for small animals such as guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, mice, rats and exotic pets.
Laura specialises in breeding guinea pigs and has supplied pets to Woodside Farm, at nearby Slip End, for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Summer holiday boarding is already under way and for details, contact 01582 622006 or 07724 429546.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease