Harpenden Society to hold Neighbourhood Plan meeting
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden people are being invited to discuss the creation of a Neighbourhood Plan at a public meeting.
Organiser the Harpenden Society has also invited town clerk Carl Cheevers to the meeting at Park Hall on Thursday, March 30.
Society committee member Ron Taylor said: “The Neighbourhood Plan covers a very wide range of subjects, so this meeting is a good opportunity for residents to ask questions directly to Carl Cheevers.”
The plan is an initiative by local authorities intended to let people have a say in developments in their area, including on housing, infrastructure projects, and transport.
Harpenden town council has begun its own plan, bringing in lay members to work together in groups on those three areas, and is running an online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/HarpendenNPMr Cheevers said: “Community engagement is at the heart of bringing forward a neighbourhood plan.
“It has to be a community-led document that ultimately must go through a community referendum.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already recruited a number of community representatives to form working groups for the various themes of the Neighbourhood Plan.”
The council will be holding drop-in information sessions from 4pm to 8pm at Batford Memorial Hall on Wednesday March 29, another at Park Hall on Wednesday April 5, and another at Kinsbourne Common Hall on Tuesday April 11.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
The society’s meeting will begin with a reception at 7.30pm, for an 8pm start.