Harpenden Society celebrates successful year
- Credit: Archant
CIVIC watchdogs in Harpenden held a Celebration 2013 evening last week to mark a successful year.
The Harpenden Society took the theme Looking back – Looking forward and combined a traditional annual meeting with a report together with other activities including a video, two music bands, an exhibition and announcements of winners of competitions.
Grove School was declared the winner of The Harpenden Society Primary Schools competition on the theme Why I Like Harpenden and three of its teachers turned up to collect the award.
Chairman of the Society Chris Marsden commented: “The Society had an excellent year. We have a number of exciting projects underway and I am looking forward with enthusiasm to taking them forward in the coming year.
“It is great that this meeting has given the opportunity to so many of our members to enjoy the evening and to talk to us about what we are doing.
You may also want to watch:
“Those 120 people who attended gave the Society their unanimous support for the continuation of our work.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder