Harpenden Society celebrates successful year
- Credit: Archant
CIVIC watchdogs in Harpenden held a Celebration 2013 evening last week to mark a successful year.
The Harpenden Society took the theme Looking back – Looking forward and combined a traditional annual meeting with a report together with other activities including a video, two music bands, an exhibition and announcements of winners of competitions.
Grove School was declared the winner of The Harpenden Society Primary Schools competition on the theme Why I Like Harpenden and three of its teachers turned up to collect the award.
Chairman of the Society Chris Marsden commented: “The Society had an excellent year. We have a number of exciting projects underway and I am looking forward with enthusiasm to taking them forward in the coming year.
“It is great that this meeting has given the opportunity to so many of our members to enjoy the evening and to talk to us about what we are doing.
You may also want to watch:
“Those 120 people who attended gave the Society their unanimous support for the continuation of our work.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area