Harpenden Society celebrates successful year
- Credit: Archant
CIVIC watchdogs in Harpenden held a Celebration 2013 evening last week to mark a successful year.
The Harpenden Society took the theme Looking back – Looking forward and combined a traditional annual meeting with a report together with other activities including a video, two music bands, an exhibition and announcements of winners of competitions.
Grove School was declared the winner of The Harpenden Society Primary Schools competition on the theme Why I Like Harpenden and three of its teachers turned up to collect the award.
Chairman of the Society Chris Marsden commented: “The Society had an excellent year. We have a number of exciting projects underway and I am looking forward with enthusiasm to taking them forward in the coming year.
“It is great that this meeting has given the opportunity to so many of our members to enjoy the evening and to talk to us about what we are doing.
You may also want to watch:
“Those 120 people who attended gave the Society their unanimous support for the continuation of our work.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire