Police issue safety advice after spate of car thefts in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Criminals have been targeting Harpenden in a spate of car thefts around the town.
There have been ten thefts from vehicles in Harpenden since the start of November, especially in the north and south.
Items stolen include sunglasses, small change, laptops and dashcams - which were not always left on display.
It is opportunistic as in all cases so far police officers have found no evidence of damage to the vehicles, and CCTV has shown the criminals walking along roads trying door handles.
Telltale signs, which thieves look out for, include untriggered self-folding wing mirrors.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police have urged drivers to distrust automatic keyfobs and manually check their cars are locked, parking in a well-lit place with CCTV.
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'