Police issue safety advice after spate of car thefts in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Criminals have been targeting Harpenden in a spate of car thefts around the town.
There have been ten thefts from vehicles in Harpenden since the start of November, especially in the north and south.
Items stolen include sunglasses, small change, laptops and dashcams - which were not always left on display.
It is opportunistic as in all cases so far police officers have found no evidence of damage to the vehicles, and CCTV has shown the criminals walking along roads trying door handles.
Telltale signs, which thieves look out for, include untriggered self-folding wing mirrors.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police have urged drivers to distrust automatic keyfobs and manually check their cars are locked, parking in a well-lit place with CCTV.
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping