Police issue safety advice after spate of car thefts in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Criminals have been targeting Harpenden in a spate of car thefts around the town.
There have been ten thefts from vehicles in Harpenden since the start of November, especially in the north and south.
Items stolen include sunglasses, small change, laptops and dashcams - which were not always left on display.
It is opportunistic as in all cases so far police officers have found no evidence of damage to the vehicles, and CCTV has shown the criminals walking along roads trying door handles.
Telltale signs, which thieves look out for, include untriggered self-folding wing mirrors.
You may also want to watch:
Herts police have urged drivers to distrust automatic keyfobs and manually check their cars are locked, parking in a well-lit place with CCTV.
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'