Harpenden schoolgirl wins Christmas card competition
CHRISTMAS has come early for an amateur artist from a secondary school in Harpenden. Hannah Baker, aged 11, from Sir John Lawes Secondary School, has won first prize in a Christmas card competition organised by the Harpenden-based gift site www.gonediggi
CHRISTMAS has come early for an amateur artist from a secondary school in Harpenden.
Hannah Baker, aged 11, from Sir John Lawes Secondary School, has won first prize in a Christmas card competition organised by the Harpenden-based gift site www.gonedigging.co.uk
Hannah's painting of a snow globe has been printed on the front of packs of cards and is now available to buy from both the WH Smith and Gone Digging websites in the run up to Christmas.
Kevin Spindler, co-founder of Gone Digging, visited the school on Monday to congratulate Hannah and the runners-up - one each from Years Seven to 11 - and to present the school with a prize of �250.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Art at Sir John Lawes Valerie Redford said that she was proud of Hannah's impressive entry and added: "The competition showed off the talent at Sir John Lawes and now the school council has to vote on how to spend the money Hannah has won for us.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season